Friday, September 18, 2020

Public Enemy - Fight The Power (2020 Remix) feat. Nas, Rapsody, Black Thought, Jahi, YG & QuestLove

Public Enemy is back with Def Jam & gearing up to release new music! Stream "Fight The Power" (2020 Remix) Now: Follow Public Enemy: https://www.instagram.com/publicenemy/ https://www.facebook.com/publicenemy/ https://twitter.com/publicenemyftp http://www.publicenemy.com/ #PublicEnemy #FightThePower #FightThePower2020Remix [Intro: Chuck D] This is revolution shit Uh, yeah, c'mon and get down Uh, yeah, c'mon and get down Uh, yeah, hey The year is 2020, the number A little somethin' to get down Sound of the funky drummer Music hitting' the heart 'cause I know you got soul Brothers and sisters [Verse 1: Nas] The Information Age Got 'em seein' what's really wrong with these racist days I honor the strong and pity the weak Your thoughts run your life, be careful what you think Haiti beat France, a century, seventeen Salute Toussaint and Dessalines And I do love France, know what I mean? It's the system I'm talkin', nobody's agreein' They say, "Suicide," when dead bodies are swingin' Cowards are huntin' black men, that's what I'm seein' How many toasters have been burnt down? And once Central Park was a thrivin' black town Yo, Chuck, I'm fightin' the power right now Thank you, Flav and P-E, puttin' it down Puttin' your life on the line so I could rap now The next generation still singin', "Fight the Power" [Chorus: Chuck D with Flava Flav] Fight the power (Fight the power) Fight the power (Fight the power) Fight the power (Fight the power) Fight the power, we got to fight the powers that be [Verse 2: Rapsody] Police think they reign [?] over the law (Yeah) When they give us short sticks but we really need a long To the boys in the hood, duckin' bullets and batons From boys in the hood, triple Ks on they arm Four fingers on my palm screamin', "Fight" Change the policy, before I buy back our property You love Black Panther but not Fred Hampton Word to the Howards and the Aggies and the Hamptons They book us, won't book us, I'm Booker T. Washington, George killed, for twenty Think about it (Think), that's two thousand pennies The value of black life the cost of goin' to Wendy's For a four-quarter burger, ended in murder Fight for Breonna and the pain of her mother, gotta [Chorus] [Verse 3: Black Thought] Yeah, generations just how long we been at war The revolution on all platforms You break a man's mind in his back Yo, solidarity is what I'm wearin' all black for For comrades who done fought without me It's not to try and change y'all thoughts about me Or to redirect your reports about me Dear white people, you should take a course about me 'Cause, is it the law, for a four-finger ring? The sciences and the arts, the songs we can sing? I really wanna know why y'all so scared Prolly 'cause the promised land, we almost there But look, I think of images that fuel my youth Been influenced by Craig Hodges and Abdul-Rauf Examples like Olympic, Black Power salutes To Panther troops, I saw as I pursued my truth If racism is the cancer, black thought's the answer Gotta get up off the back porch, emancipate your minds Get your bodies back from ransom (C'mon) And all black hands up for the anthem [Chorus] [Verse 4: Jahi] People, people, stronger than this evil Smashin' your power structure, melanin royal, regal System designed to kill and unprotect Worldwide, hit the streets just to get some respect Our fight and our rights for freedom will never wane But justice Breonna Taylor, salute Chuck and Flava Feel the same anger since Radio Raheem died Black power to the people, push forward, pride [Verse 5: YG] Fight power like it's the opp, though Born to fight, I made it off the block though Thought he had a gun and he was black, that's the combo The police killed George havin' a convo (George) They killed Malcolm X, they killed Doctor King (Doctor King) They gave us guns and dope, they wanna stop our kings They tryna erase our history, stop and think History class ain't tell us 'bout Juneteeth Cops don't give a damn about a negro Pull the trigger, kill a negro, he's a hero Fuck livin' life on welfare, the last one who cared was Obamacare Round twelve, nose kinda bloody, gotta keep fightin' Trump flew to North Korea, they respect violence If you ain't tryna have your city on fire Put some respect on our name, we come from gold and diamonds [Chorus] [Verse 6: Chuck D] Elvis was a hero to most But he never meant shit to me you see Straight up racist that sucker was Simple and plain Motherfuck him and John Wayne 'Cause I'm Black and I'm proud I'm ready, I'm hyped plus I'm amped Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps Sample a look back you look and find Nothing but rednecks for four hundred years if you check "Don't Worry, Be Happy" was a number one jam Damn if I say it you can slap me right here (Get it) Let's get this party started right Right on, c'mon What we got to say Power to the people no delay Make everybody see In order to fight the powers that be


Public Enemy - Fight The Power (2020 Remix) feat. Nas, Rapsody, Black Thought, Jahi, YG & QuestLove

No comments:

Post a Comment